Attention Seniors: January 31st is the final day to order Friends Forever, Personal Recognition Ads AND YEARBOOKS!!! Please see Ms. Roos in Guidance for questions.
Thursday, January 31st in the BHS conference room at 3:15 p.m.
- We will have a few of the Braintree High School MVP students provide us with a presentation around Healthy and Unhealthy Relationships.
- We will be discussing the Wellness Teams Action Plans, which should include a goal for students, staff/faculty and community.
- Sarah Coughlin, the Director of Food Services will be leading a discussion on breakfast/lunch day options on early release days.
Thursday, January 24, 2019 / 6:30 - 8:30 PM / Thayer Public Library
Topics discussed will include making plans for medical expenses, caretaking, and preserving a child's government benefits.
Beginning Monday, February 4th, the Braintree Public Schools will begin the winter session of extended enrichment programs to be held at various school buildings for all the children in grades K-5. Students must be enrolled in Braintree Public Schools in order to attend the program.
Tuesday, January 29 is 1/2 day for Professional Development.
On Thursday, January 17th, Braintree High School will implement a significant change to its campus traffic pattern.
- All car drop off and pick up will take place in the rear of the building
- The rear traffic circle will become one way, moving in a counterclockwise direction
- The newly-built roads from Town Street to the rear circle will open to traffic; each will be one way
Reminder: There is No School on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday, January 21 and Tuesday, January 29 is 1/2 day for Professional Development.
Reminder: All yearbook orders and business ads are due by 1/31/19!
The Braintree High School National Art Honor Society proudly offers creative art classes to students who attend East and South Middle School.
Classes run for 6 weeks WEDNESDAY afternoons on the following dates: Feb 6, Feb 13, Feb 27, Mar 6, Mar 20 & Mar 27
The Braintree Public School Department is pleased to announce Kindergarten registration for the 2019-2020 school year.
Registration for ALL eligible 2019-2020 Braintree resident Kindergarten students will be held in the cafeteria at the MONATIQUOT SCHOOL KINDERGARTEN CENTER (Tuesday, January 22, 2019 -- 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Thursday, January 24, 2019 -- 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. or Saturday, January 26, 2019 -- 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon)
(1.) Support South when shopping at Amazon.com by using our link.
(2.) Sign up for Benefit Mobile & use digital "gift cards" for online and in-store shopping!
(3.) Register at GoodShop.com, add the Gumdrop browser extension, or use the Yahoo-powered search engine at GoodSearch.com to support "South Middle School" and save on your shopping using online coupons. You'll save money AND South will earn referral rewards!
New this holiday season, support Hollis Elementary School every time you shop on Amazon.com by clicking this link.
Any items added to your cart after using this link will generate a referral bonus for Hollis Elementary School, at no additional cost to you!
Accelerated Reader is a computer-based program that schools may use to monitor reading practice and progress. Students take short quizzes after reading a book to check if they've understood it. If you have been invited to participate, click on the link, Accelerated Reader.
Hollis is collecting old markers/highlighters as part of the Crayola ColorCycle Program. ColorCycle is a sustainability initiative designed to re-purpose markers rather than having them make their way to a landfill.
Grade 8 Washington, D.C. trip - March 21-24, 2019
It was great to meet you at Back To School Night! Grade 6 Orientation presentation available under Academics > Teams.
Just in time for back to school - come take a look at our new styles and do some shopping!
The 2018-2019 School Year Calendar has been updated based on a 6/18/18 School Committee vote. The changes are as follows:
- Friday, 9/7/18 – No School – Teacher Workshop Day
- Monday, 9/10/18 – 1st Day of School for Kindergarten and Preschool (change from 9/7/2018)
- Friday, 12/21/18 – 1/2 Day of School (Friday before the winter break)
- Friday, 5/24/19 – 1/2 Day of School (Friday before Memorial Day)
- Tuesday, 6/25/19 - Last day of School -this end date includes 5 snow days. If no snow days are used, school will finish on 6/18/2019