Welcome to the Braintree Public Schools!We are happy to welcome all permanent residents of the Town of Braintree to the Braintree Schools.
Below you will find links to the registration materials that you should download and complete prior to visiting your home school to register your child.
Please see the specific information below based on grade level.
- If the parents/guardians own a home in Braintree, they must complete the form entitled, “Affidavit of Residency (Homeowners)”
- If the parents/guardians rent a property in Braintree and can provide a lease, the LANDLORD must complete the form entitled, “Affidavit of Residency/Landlord Living Agreement”
- If the parents/guardians live in a property in Braintree, but do so as tenants-at-will (no lease), or for no payment to the owner of the property, the OWNER/LESSEE of the property must complete the form entitled,“Affidavit of Residency by Owner/Lessee"
3. Home Language Survey
4. Transfer Student Record Request
5. Nursing Services Handout
6. Medical History Form
7. MA School Health Record to be completed by your child’s physician .
8. Certificate of Immunization
Please pay close attention to the following list of required immunizations:
- 5 DTaP/DPT
- 4 Polio
- 2 MMR Vaccines
- 3 Hepatitis Vaccines
- 2 Varicella Vaccines or Documented Case of Chicken Pox by physician
- 1 Tdap for entry to grade 7 through 11
- Recent assessment of risk for TB - Low risk students are cleared for school entry.If the student is coming from outside of the US, consult with the school nurse.The MA Department of Public Health TB testing guidelines will be followed: http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/dph/cdc/tb/tb-pediatric-risk-assessment-form.pdf
- Kindergarten entry only (in addition to the above) – Lead Screening test results and a vision screening including stereopsis– within the past 12 months
As per State Law, your child must have all required immunizations, a physical examination, and documentation of a low risk TB assessment before he/she may enter school. Children entering kindergarten must also have lead screening test results and a vision screening with stereopsis. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the school principal.
9. Massachusetts Transfer Card from the child’s previous school with the Child’s Mass ID number listed AND an original Birth Certificate is required. The administrative assistant will make a copy of it and return the original to you.
10. Emergency Medical Card is available from your school’s administrative assistant and must be completed when the above mentioned paperwork is returned.Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact your school’s office, or the Superintendent’s Office, directly.
Elementary Students, Grades 1-5
**Please note that the starting age is 6 by August 31 for first grade . **
During the school year ALL new elementary families will register their child(ren) directly at their assigned elementary school. Should you not know which elementary school your address is assigned to, please contact the administration offices at 781-380-0130 x8476.
Middle School Students, Grades 6-8
All new incoming middle school students register directly at their assigned middle school the entire year. Should you not know which middle school your address is assigned to, please contact the administration offices at 781-380-0130 x8476.
High School Students, Grades 9-12
All new incoming high school students register directly at Braintree High School in the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar’s Office number is 781-848-4000 x2253. The following is the schedule for the high school registrar:
- During the School Year -Registrar’s Office is open Monday–Thursday 8:45am – 2:30pm.
- 1 week after the last day of school – Registrar’s Office is open from 8:45 am to 2:30 pm.
- 3 weeks prior to the first day of school – Registrar Office is open from 8am-2pm.
In order to receive a high school transcript, a signed letter from the former student including: name at the time of graduation, year of graduation, date of birth, telephone number and the name and address of the school requesting the transcript, must be sent to Ms. Archdeacon in the Registrar's Office, Braintree High School, 128 Town Street, Braintree MA 02184.
Note: if you have the transcript mailed to your home address and you open it, schools/employment will not accept the transcript as official.
There is a $3.00 fee for each transcript requested payable only by CASH or Money Order (paid to Braintree High School). No personal checks will be accepted.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-848-4000 x2253.