Contact Info & Directions
Braintree Alerts is Braintree’s communication system. It allows the Principal or Superintendent to create and send personalized recorded phone messages and/or emails with announcements and notifications.
Please be sure to inform our school office if your emergency contact information, telephone number or email address should change during the school year.
There is no parking in the driveway in front of the school at any time.
In the morning:
- Parents may pull into the driveway to drop off their children but must proceed out of the driveway after their children have left the cars.
- Be patient. When driving through the driveway, go slowly and watch out for students crossing at the island crosswalk.
- Students may be dropped off at school beginning at 8:25, or 8:20 for breakfast. Some students may arrive earlier for morning math, leadership meetings or MCAS tutoring.
- When dropping off at the front door between 8:35 and 8:45, please pull up to the sign on the sidewalk when possible. This allows more families to drop children off safely behind you.
- Be respectful of our neighbors. Remember that parking is not allowed in the Rogan or Hayward Market lots, which are for their customers only.
- Be safe. Do not let your child out of the car until they can safely access a sidewalk. In tough traffic situations and during extreme weather, attendance will be extended for a few minutes.
In the afternoon:
- No cars are allowed to enter the driveway from 2:45 to 3:00.
- Parking is allowed in the west parking lot, but cars need to park there before 2:45.
- Cars should line up according to the arrows and lines painted in the lot.
- A crossing guard will stop traffic at approximately 3:00 to allow cars to exit the parking lot.
- Thank you to the families and students who use the crosswalk at dismissal. There are still as many as 50 people crossing unsafely. We may alter dismissal plans in the future to encourage safe pedestrian choices.
- Please be aware that students may not get into cars that are part of the street traffic – cars must be pulled over and parked.
Ross School is located at the intersection of Hayward, Elm and Commercial Streets. The address is 20 Hayward Street, Braintree, MA 02184.
From Boston and Points North [93S or Route 3 South]
- Take the Washington Street Exit 18 toward Quincy Adams Train Station/Braintree.
- Take the Washington Stree Ramp toward Braintree.
- Turn right onto Washington Street.
- Turn Left onto Elm Street. Elm Street becomes Hayward Street
From the South [Route 3 North]
- Take the Union Street Exit 17 toward Braintree / South Braintree.
- Enter the Rotary and take first exit to Union Street.
- Turn left onto Cleveland Avenue. Cleveland Avenue becomes Middle Street.
- Turn Right onto Elm Street. Elm Street becomes Hayward Street
From the West [128 South]
- Merge onto I-93 N / US-1 N via Exit 12 on the left toward Braintree/Boston
- Take the RT-3 S exit- Exit 7- toward Cape Cod
- Take the Wasthington St. exit- Exit 18- toward T Station / Quincy Center