On Saturday, September 22nd, The Braintree High School Athletic Association will host its 19th annual golf tournament at The Braintree Municipal Golf Course to benefit the boys and girls interscholastic athletic programs at Braintree High School, as well as East and South Middle Schools. We invite you to participate to help us maintain the high quality sports programs for our student-athletes. To register as a golfer, donate a raffle prize or volunteer, please contact Athletic Director Mike Denise at (781) 848-4000 x7810. For additional information, please refer to the attached golf tournament brochure.
Tuesday, September 25 is 1/2 day for Professional Development.
- Braintree High releases at 11:10
- Middle schools release at 11:45
- Elementary schools release at 12:10
- Morning kindergarten releases at 10:30
- Monatiquot School Kindergarten Center releases at 11:55
- No afternoon kindergarten
Continuing Education Classes Begin the Week of September 17
The After School Conservatory Also Starts in September
Please visit www.braintreeadulted.com for more information.
Where: Braintree High School Auditorium
When: September 25th from 6:30 - 7:30pm
Ross and Morrison Elementary Schools receive funds to support a school wide Title I program.
This allows for dedicated resources that support all students with assistance in reading and/or math.
We are asking all Ross and Morrison parents/guardians/students to take a moment to read more about Title I and then print and return a signed copy of the "compact" by Friday, September 14.
In order to assure the safety of everyone, please adhere to the following instructions when dropping off your child in the morning.
- All parents must pull into the large side parking lot, turn around, and pull up to the side walkway where a staff member will be waiting to greet you and let your child out.
- Please keep cars in a single line and do not let your child out of the car if you are the second or third car in line.
Fall School Picture Days:
- BHS (underclassmen) - 9/19
- East - 9/11
- South - 9/20
- Flaherty - 9/21
- Highlands - 9/13
- Hollis - 9/13
- Liberty - 9/27
- Morrison - 10/10
- Ross - 9/14
- Monatiquot - 9/26
Many of our school have posted school supply lists so you can take advantage of Back-to-School sales:
The 2018-2019 Bus Route list is now available. Your child's bus letter and stop can be found here.
The 2018-2019 registration portal for Transportation Services is now available for all eligible families. Please note that the process for registering for transportation services has changed. Students must be registered for Transportation Services in Grades 6 - 12 through our new online registration service, Family ID, prior to making payment online.
The 2018-2019 School Year Calendar has been updated based on a 6/18/18 School Committee vote. The changes are as follows:
- Friday, 9/7/18 – No School – Teacher Workshop Day
- Monday, 9/10/18 – 1st Day of School for Kindergarten and Preschool (change from 9/7/2018)
- Friday, 12/21/18 – 1/2 Day of School (Friday before the winter break)
- Friday, 5/24/19 – 1/2 Day of School (Friday before Memorial Day)
- Tuesday, 6/25/19 - Last day of School -this end date includes 5 snow days. If no snow days are used, school will finish on 6/18/2019
Summer Work Assignments For Grades K-12 Have Been Posted
We are pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Christopher Scully to the position of BHS Headmaster beginning with the 2018-2019 school year.