Art & Design
School: 781-848-4000 ext. 7406
School: 781-848-4000 ext. 7830
School: 781-848-4000 ext. 7474
School: 781-848-4000 ext. 7447
Click here for the Braintree High School Art and Design Department Pathways
Featured Student Artist:
National Art Honor Society: Braintree High School is a Chapter Member of the National Art Association’s, Art Honor Society. Candidacy for the NAHS is open to students who have been nominated by their art teacher and completed a semester of an art class with a grade of B+ or higher. Students do not apply for membership in this association. Nomination and membership is based on art scholarship, service and character. Membership dues are $15.00 a year. NAHS Activities throughout the year include: Art workshops, teaching Creative Art Classes to Middle School Students, mural painting, Open Studios, Field Trips and guest artist lectures. Students must fulfill 20 art service hours per year. In the spring there is combined art exhibit of student work and induction ceremony.
The purpose of the NAHS Braintree Chapter shall be to:
- Inspire and recognize those students who have shown outstanding ability in art;
- Foster excellence and a dedicated spirit to the pursuit of art;
- Further creative abilities and talents of the Society’s members, as well as the school’s entire student art enrollment;
- Aid members in working toward the attainment of their highest potential in an art area;
- Bring art to the attention of the school and community;
- Increase an awareness of art in relation to other areas of the school curriculum; and further esthetic awareness in all aspects of Braintree High School’s total program.
Advisers: Mrs. Marina Michaelidis and Mrs. Heidi Hurley