Friday, June 22, 2018
- Congratulations to the Class of 2018! We wish you all the best and look forward to hearing about your future successes!
- Best of luck to students on final exams. Any student who missed an exam due to an excused absence should contact their housemaster to schedule a make up time and date.
- Term 4 report cards and 2018-2019 preliminary schedules will be available via Aspen on Friday, June 29.
- Remember to go to the "Summer Assignments" section of the website (under academics) for details on summer reading assignments and on work for students taking Advanced Placement classes.
- We enjoyed meeting the Class of 2022 at Grade 8 Move Up Day this week. We look forward to welcoming you to Wamp Nation this fall. The second part of our orientation program will take place on the evening of Tuesday, September 4. At that time, incoming freshmen will receive their schedules, lockers, and other important information prior to the first day of school.
- The first day of school for all students is Wednesday, September 5. Have a great summer!
Friday, March 23, 2018
Last night the annual Mr. BHS competition took place in the auditorium. A group of ten seniors put together a wonderful evening of entertainment and laughs, showing off their school pride. Congratulations and thank you to all who participated or attended.
- The winter athletics season came to a close last week. Congratulations go out to Mr. Denise and all of our athletes and coaches on another fantastic season. There were many individual and team accomplishments that should make everyone proud to be a WAMP!
- Spring MCAS testing begins next week for our Grade 10 students. These are important tests for our students and attendance on these days is crucial. We encourage students to get a good night sleep the night before in order to perform to the best of their ability. The testing schedule is as follows:
- Grade 10 English: March 28, 29, April 5
- Grade 10 Math: May 23 & 24
- Grade 9 Science: June 6 & 7
As we head into spring, there are many school events in the coming weeks and months to celebrate the successes of our students. Please make sure to check out the Important Dates document at the top of this page to learn about all the different activities taking place.
The end of Term 3 is quickly approaching. The final day of the term is Friday, April 6. Report cards will be issued to students on Friday, April 13.
Our spring PTO meeting will take place at 7:00pm on Tuesday, May 1 in the BHS Media Center. That evening, BHS housemasters will give an overview of end of the year activities such as the Junior Prom, Senior Prom, and the All Night Grad Party. In addition, our Braintree Police Department School Resource Officer Lisa Fahey and Norfolk County Juvenile Probation Officer Erin Lynch will present to parents on important topics such as social host laws, operating under the influence, and the school’s memorandum of understanding with the Braintree Police. Please set aside this important date, as we encourage all parents to attend.
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
- The last day of Term 2 is Tuesday, January 23. Midyear exams will be given on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of that week. Please be aware that students will have an early dismissal each day. More information can be found by clicking the links below
- Current Grade 8 Students: We've updated our webpage with information about the 2018-2019 Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Initiative. All students in Grades 9 & 10 will be expected to have personal devices for use in the classroom. Please see the following link below for more information. We will discuss this in greater detail at Grade 8 Parent Orientation night on Thursday, March 1st.
- Students will receive Semester 2 schedules in homeroom on Monday, January 29th.
- Students will receive Term 2 report cards on Monday, February 5th.
- The 2018-2019 Program of Studies is now available for students and parents.
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
- Believe it or not, we have reached the halfway mark of Term 2. This week, students and parents can see updated grades in Aspen. When we return from the holiday break, there will be just over three weeks of classes left until midyear exams (Jan 24, 25, 26).
- Thank you to all students and parents who have been cooperative as we've implemented our new traffic pattern in the front parking lot this week. We've already begun to see improvements in both safety and efficiency, and will continue to ensure a smooth transition.
- There have been some great night events taking place recently within the walls of BHS.
- Earlier in the month students enjoyed our annual Wampstock event, where they get to perform for an audience and show off their musical talents.
- Last week's 6th Annual Dancing with the Staff was a wonderful evening for all who attended. As a fundraiser for our JV and Varsity Dance teams, groups of teacher teams worked and performed with dance team members to show off their moves to a packed house. Congratulations to the "Gym Class Heroes" (including Mr. Wakelin, Mr. Cooper, and Ms. Laubi) for taking home this year's prize!
- This week we have our holiday concerts put on by our bands, orchestras, chorus, and choirs. Led by Mr. Buckley, Dr. Sulbaran, and Ms. Hallenbeck, the talents of these students always shine through for all to see!
- A reminder to all juniors and their parents about the opportunity to take a winter SAT prep course leading up to the March SAT exam. We are offering the course in both English and Math. For those who would like more information, please click the links that follow for a flyer and registration form.
- A special thank you to Ms. Troy, Ms. Thomas, and our student council for their hard work the past few weeks in organizing our annual Adopt-a-Family drive. Because of their work--and the many generous contributions of students, staff, and families--BHS was able to help local families in need have a truly special holiday! We would like to wish you and your family and safe and joyful holiday and a happy 2018!
Monday, November 13, 2017
- Term 1 closed on Thursday. Report cards will be distributed to students at the end of the school day on Friday, November 17th.
- A reminder to all parents that our fall parent-teacher conferences will take place on Thursday, November 16 (6:00pm-8:30pm) and Monday, November 20 (4:00pm-6:30pm). Please click here to sign up for conferences with your child's teachers.
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Fresh off homecoming weekend, students showed their school spirit all week last week. Time Period Tuesday, Character Wednesday, Color Wars Thursday, and Blue & White Friday gave kids the opportunity to get involved in the activities. We concluded the week with our pep rally, homecoming dance, and homecoming football game. 14-0, Go Wamps!
- Term 1 comes to a close in just over three weeks (Thursday, November 9th). Report cards will be distributed on Friday, November 17th.
- Make sure to follow us on Twitter @BraintreeHigh for more frequent updates.
- Theater Guild is gearing up for their fall musical--Monty Python's SPAMALOT. Opening night is Wednesday, November 8th. Go to their webpage here for more information on how to purchase tickets.
Friday, September 22, 2017
- Today concludes BHS PRIDE Week here at Braintree High School. Each day, student council had a small activity planned to highlight each element of our PRIDE mission statement.
- P – Partnership
- R – Respect & Responsibility
- I – Involvement
- D – Diversity
- E – Educational Excellence
- Thank you to the cultural awareness club who created a diversity lesson presented to all students in homeroom yesterday. Today we wrap up the week with “Wear BHS” day so that students and staff can show their school pride. This was a great warm up to Spirit Week, which starts on October 10 and culminates with the Homecoming Dance on Friday, October 13 and the Homecoming Football Game on Saturday, October 14.
- We will continue to emphasize the beliefs from our PRIDE mission statement throughout the school year. As a way to stress these core values, all students will attend an assembly program by Dr. Michael Fowlin on Tuesday, September 26. As Dr. Ford-Clark, our school psychologist, states, “Michael Fowlin is an actor, a psychologist, and a poet and he presents a one-person show that deals with the issues of race, discrimination, violence prevention, personal identity, suicide, gender equity, homophobia, and the emotional pain felt by children with physical, emotional and learning difficulties. In a gripping, fast paced, 75-minute performance, Michael slips in and out of nine characters, both male and female, who share their stories in an often humorous, but at times, heartbreaking manner. Our students have been deeply moved by Michael’s presentations and his themes of kindness, acceptance and compassion often resonate throughout the year.”
Friday, September 8, 2017
- Congratulations to everyone on finishing the first week back. It was great to see our teachers and students back in the building and readjusting to daily routines! We have our annual Back to School Night coming up on Thursday, September 14th from 6:00-8:00pm. See the informational letter and sample schedule below for more information. We look forward to welcoming parents to BHS!
Friday, August 18, 2017
- I hope all students and families are having a great summer so far! Please read the summer letters below for some important information about the start of the 2017-2018 school year. In addition, we've posted our Important Dates document at the top of this page. Please follow us on Twitter @BraintreeHigh for updates throughout the school year.