The mission of the Braintree Public Schools, in partnership with parents and the community, is to prepare all students to become responsible and contributing members of a diverse and global society. We motivate and enable each student to develop intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally through a rigorous and supportive educational program within an inclusive and safe environment that nurtures creative and critical thinking, the development of values, and the pursuit of lifelong learning.
Since excellence in instruction and student achievement is our primary objective, we are committed to the following beliefs:
- Students should acquire a rigorous core of knowledge in an environment that promotes higher level thinking skills across the curriculum by thinking critically and creatively, and making wise judgments.
- All students can achieve academic proficiency and strive for excellence.
- All students possess unique talents and gifts and should be encouraged to reach their maximum individual potential.
- Students should be able to collaborate and communicate effectively through reading, writing, speaking, computing, the arts, and technology.
- Students should acquire the knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to achieve and maintain optimum health and lifelong fitness.
- Students should develop a sense of self-discipline, self-respect, and self-reliance and demonstrate social, civic and environmental responsibility.
- Students should acquire skills to adapt to an evolving and technologically advancing society.
- Students should understand, respect, and appreciate the racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity of our society and the democratic principles upon which this nation was built.
- A safe and orderly environment, free of prejudice, drugs, violence, bullying, hazing and harassment of any kind is essential to promote student learning.
- Ongoing opportunities for the professional growth and development of staff are essential for improving teaching and learning.
- Parents, guardians, and caregivers, in partnership with schools, are an integral part of their child’s learning.
- Community involvement should be actively solicited, encouraged and developed.
The Braintree Public Schools recognize their shared responsibility with parents in developing students’ values. This shared responsibility includes educating the whole child and working toward developing a good and informed citizenry.
In support of the above, the Braintree School Committee affirms the following values as integral part of the students’ overall education.