PTO Job Descriptions
- Meet with Principal and Co-President to prepare an agenda for all meetings of the PTO.
- Preside over all meetings of the PTO.
- Create a yearly budget with the Co-President and Treasurer. Spend no more than $500 on any one item or combination of related items, not included in the budget, without the consent of the general membership. Has authority to sign checks, notes, etc. in the absence of the Treasurer.
- Oversee the creation of the monthly newsletter. Submit to school secretary.
- Assist in the creation and coordination of all PTO committees, as needed, and serve as a member, ex-officio, of all committees.
- Represent the PTO at city-wide meetings or other meetings outside of the organization or appoint a member to attend.
- Remove and distribute mail and correspondence from PTO mailbox when necessary.
- Work with the President to accomplish the duties of that position.
- Perform the duties of the President in his/her absence, resignation, or inability to serve.
- Meet with Principal and President to prepare for all PTO meetings.
- Oversee the running of the student store currently being managed by Ms. O'Riordan (teacher representative).
- Order East spirit wear as needed for sale in the student store.
- Accurately record the minutes of the PTO meetings and submit a copy to the website support coordinator to be posted in the PTO section of the school website.
- Work with the President, as needed, in the creation of the monthly newsletter.
- Attend to the official correspondence of the PTO, including, but not limited to, gestures of appreciation and sympathy on behalf of the PTO.
- Maintain all records of the PTO, including transactions, contracts, correspondence, and related documents except financial records kept by the Treasurer.
- Hold a copy of the PTO by-laws and make copies available upon request to any PTO member.
- Provide a printed copy of the by-laws to each newly elected officer prior to the first regular PTO meeting.
- Create a yearly budget with the President and the Co-President. Present budget to the PTO for approval.
- Receive all funds of the PTO; including, but not limited to, donations, spiirt wear and fundraising sales.
- Has authority to sign checks to pay bills and disburse funds as authorized.
- Perform all banking activities of the PTO.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate financial records of the PTO.
- Provide a written and oral financial report of the receipts and expenditures at each PTO meeting.
- Complete all financial updates by the close of the fiscal year and provide a full year-end report.
- Submit all required financial data to the Executive Board at the end of the fiscal year for the purposes of an audit.
- Attend meetings with the Superintendent of Schools and other school representatives to discuss issues that affect all schools in the Braintree Public School system.
- Present a report of issues discussed at the following PTO meeting.
Box Tops Coordinator
- Collect Box Tops for Education from the main office on a regular basis (kept in box tops collection box)
- Log name, homeroom number, and total box tops collected from each student. Keep log accurate and up to date.
- Clip and group box tops into packs of 50 for submission twice a year (Oct. 31 and Feb. 28).
- Send out email reminders to Principal, and families for box tops contests, collection deadlines, promotions, etc.
- Run collection contests to encourage school wide participation in the program.
- Attend monthly PTO meetings and update the organization of box tops progress throughout the year.
Stop and Shop A+ Coordinator
- Program runs from October - March
- Tell parents about the program and report earnings at monthly PTO meetings.
Website Support Coordinator
- Maintains the PTO section of the school website offering technical assistance when needed.
- Posts the monthly PTO meeting minutes in the PTO section of the school website.
Student Store Coordinator
- Maintains communication with store teacher representative - currently Ms. O'Riordan.
- Purchase supplies as needed for the student store.
- Keep all receipts to assure accurate financial records.
- Work with the Co-President on upkeep and ordering of spirit wear and logo items.
Single Event Volunteer Opportunities
- Bake Sale Coordinators + volunteers
- Crook Games Chairperson + volunteers
- Teacher Appreciation Week Chairperson + volunteers