Since excellence in instruction and student achievement is our primary objective, we are committed to the following beliefs:
- Students should acquire a rigorous core of knowledge in an environment that promotes higher level thinking skills across the curriculum by thinking critically and creatively, and making wise judgments.
- All students can achieve academic proficiency and strive for excellence.
- All students possess unique talents and gifts and should be encouraged to reach their maximum individual potential.
- Students should be able to collaborate and communicate effectively through reading, writing, speaking, computing, the arts, and technology.
- Students should acquire the knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to achieve and maintain optimum health and lifelong fitness.
- Students should develop a sense of self-discipline, self-respect, and self-reliance and demonstrate social, civic and environmental responsibility.
- Students should acquire skills to adapt to an evolving and technologically advancing society.
- Students should understand, respect, and appreciate the racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity of our society and the democratic principles upon which this nation was built.
- A safe and orderly environment, free of prejudice, drugs, violence, bullying, hazing and harassment of any kind is essential to promote student learning.
- Ongoing opportunities for the professional growth and development of staff are essential for improving teaching and learning.
- Parents, guardians, and caregivers, in partnership with schools, are an integral part of their child’s learning.
- Community involvement should be actively solicited, encouraged and developed.