BYOD Sessions for Incoming High School Freshman
The following sessions are being offered for incoming 9th graders to bring their Chromebooks/Macbooks/laptops to get on the WiFi for the first time:
- Friday, August 16th, 9 am - 2 pm
- Tuesday, August 20th, 9 am - 2 pm
- Wednesday, August 21st, 9 am - 2 pm
- Tuesday, August 27th, 9 am - 2 pm
Note: Sessions will start every hour on the hour
- What is Aspen?
- What is the URL for Aspen?
- What should I do if I forget my password?
- What should I do if my user name and/or password aren’t working?
- How do I set up my computer to access Aspen?
- I have not received a username and password - how can I get one?
- How do I access my student's grading info?
- How do I sign up for attendance and grade notification emails in Aspen?
- Where can I read the internet policies?
- Are there minimum technical requirements for the device?
- Is a smartphone okay?
- Where should I buy a laptop or Chromebook?
- What if I can’t buy a device?
- Will this device work for all four years of high school?
- What software do I need on the machine?
- Will I be able to get on the BYOD network?
- How will internet safety be addressed on this device?
- What if I forget my device at home?
- What if I need to charge my machine during the school day?
- What if my device breaks?
- What about theft or insurance?
- What supports will there be for parents/guardians who want to learn more about the device choices and the ways students will use them in the classroom?
- I’m a twelfth grader. Is it okay for me to bring a device to school for educational use each day in the 2019-2020 school year?